Mobile LBS, Mobile location API, Wireless Location Based Services
Want to see how a network location API can power web services? Instant Locate demonstrates the accuracy and reach of Locaid’s location APIs with a double opt-in privacy flow.
What is Instant Locate?
The Instant Locate demo shows how app developers can use the Locaid mobile network location APIs for things like:
- validating legitimate credit card purchases and detecting fraud
- keeping tabs on a parent with dementia
- automating timesheets for visiting nurses
- alerting workers to day jobs or
- tracking assets like laptops or street cleaners or dumpsters.
What it isn’t:
- it’s not a consumer service or phone finder
- it’s not capable of locating a phone without an explicit SMS text message permission from the phone being located
- it doesn’t allow any phone to be located after 5 minutes without going through the permission steps again
- it does not store or keep a history of the phone location
How It Works: